Invoking a component
rudodoo
2009-08-14 18:34:09 UTC
I know how to invoke a component using the cfinvoke tag. However,
could someone show me an example of how to do it with the createObject
function. I'm a llittle confused on how to use it.

I have a cfinvoke example here that just returns a query

<cfinvoke
component="#application.CFCPath#Components.BusAsses"
method="ftnChkAppr"
returnvariable="ftnChkApprRet">
<cfinvokeargument name="AOPMMPosNbr" value="enter_value_here"/>
</cfinvoke

How would I invoke the same component using the CreateObject method
Chris Blackwell
2009-08-19 17:26:31 UTC
<cfset BusAsses = createobject("component",
"#application.CFCPath#Components.BusAsses") />
<cfset ftnChkApprRet = BusAsses.ftnChkAppr(enter_value_here) />