Tab Problem - horizontal scrolling on tab header?
anniech2000
2009-03-31 06:17:33 UTC
I have a tab cflayout. The number of tabs depends on database content and
sometimes become very large that the tab title on the right are out of the
screen and not accessible.

Is that any way to trigger horizontal scrolling on the tab title to solve the
problem? Placing the tab inside a larger table can create a horizontal at the
bottom but as my tab height is very large and it goes over the screen at the
bottom and the scrolling is not visible to users by default. So this method
may not make user aware that they can scroll over the tab headings.

Has anyone faced the same problem and have any solutions? Thanks in advance
for any help.
Azadi
2009-03-31 06:41:12 UTC
add style="overflow:auto;" to your <cflayout> tag

you *may* also have to specify a fixed width there, too... at least i
tested it with width specified...

<cflayout type="tab" tabposition="top" name="mytabs"
style="width:300px;overflow:auto;">

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/
Azadi
2009-03-31 06:47:02 UTC
you can also specify a style in your css for the layout cf creates:

.x-tabs-top, .x-tabs-bottom {overflow:auto; width:300px;}

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/