Mac Server OSX index.cfm problems
nauta
2009-03-23 15:21:10 UTC
I have installed CF 8 on Mac Server 10.5 Coldfusion works, however I have to
type in index.cfm for the CF pages to come up. In the Apache config I have
added index.cfm (index.html and index.php work fine). I have re-run the
connector, also reinstalled CF.

How can I solve this issue?
craigkaminsky
2009-03-24 00:31:57 UTC

I would review this blog post to ensure that you installed CF8 in the "right"
way on your Mac:

http://www.trajiklyhip.com/blog/index.cfm/2008/1/14/ColdFusion-8-Apache-22x-and-
OS-X-105-Leopard

I say "right" because when I installed CF8 on my Mac (about a year and a half
ago), the best results I got were when I followed steps very similar to the
ones outlined in the above post.

Curious: did you install CF8 as a multi-server or built-in? I've always been
able to get it working on my Mac with the multi-server but recall lots of
issues with the other options.
nauta
2009-03-24 14:24:32 UTC
Craig,

Thanks for that link. The suggestion of adding handler.conf is what made it
work for me!!!! I must have googled for 6 hours yesterday and I never came
across that article.

The CF8.01 32bit install as stand alone (built-in) went real smooth on Mac
XServe (10.5). You just have to make apached 32bit. I had previously tested it
on my MacBook Pro. Because it went so well I am moving our website from Fedora
with CF to Mac server with CF because I was sick of all the installation
problems on Fedora Linux.
heavy_development
2009-03-28 06:31:04 UTC
After having this drive me crazy for the better half of a day. I finally
figured out how to make the default doc work. This line needs to be added to
the https.conf file on Leopard Server running Apache 2.2.9 (32-bit because
Adobe doesn't offer 64-bit for G5. That is what I spent my time figuring out
the other day--how to force Apache to run in 32-bit).

AddHandler jrun-handler .jsp .jws .cfm .cfml .cfc .cfr .cfswf

You will find this under the Jrun settings in the /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
file. And should be placed right after: JRunConfig Bootstrap 127.0.0.1:51020.
For whatever reason the connector utility does not add in this line. Maybe it
is because the 32-bit version is programmed to run with Apache 1.1.3. The
64-bit version that I installed on my Mac Pro running just desktop Leopard does
indeed see the Apache 2 web server and defaults the proper configuration
directory. The 32-bit one defaults to the old 1.1.3 directory. It also added
the added the offending line in the httpd.conf file properly.

<rant>
Just some venting on my part, it blows that Adobe could not make a 64-bit
version for the G5 server. By default when Leopard is installed on the G5
everything is config'd for 64-bit. So you have to "dumb" down apache and mysql
to make it work right.
</rant>