Coldfusion runaway thread - how to kill
jl
2009-05-29 18:49:59 UTC
Hello,
For one of our websites we are using Windows server, CF8 in multi
server mode but only 1 instance (cfusion). There appears to be a
runaway thread that I cannot kill. The monitor shows it has
accumulated 15k+ seconds since it started. If i go into the details of
that thread and pind the IP my ping times out so I'm not sure what is
the originator. I try to kill the thread by clicking on the
exclamation symbol which pops up the verification screen. I do not get
an error but the thread does not go away and it continues to
accumulate time.

Is there another way to kill this thread outside of the CF8 monitor?
It does not show up in the MS Windows Task manager as a separate
process. I would like to avoid restarting the CF service.
Thanks in advance.

Joe
Tags:
jl
2009-06-01 19:03:42 UTC
Restarting the CF service obviously removed the process but I did not
find a way to dust that thread individually without SeeFusion or
FusionReactor.