CFAJAXPROXY freeze IE7
Qais
2009-04-01 16:09:52 UTC
I'm having problem when I run a code to make a CFAJAXPROXY, the code is calling
a cfc on a change of drop down to populate another drop down, the proxy is
using "POST". Now the problem, this code runs perfect (super fast) on dev box
(windows XP with IIS5), when using same code on win2003 server with IIS6, the
IE7 freeze for few seconds until the other drop down get populated (BTW, it
only populate IT with about 10 records).

ANY SOLUTION , CLUE, HOTFIX ....ETC.
byron1021
2009-04-01 23:45:40 UTC
If you do a get to the CFC method with the variables in the URL using your web
browser, how quickly is this returning. If this is taking the 10 seconds, then
it's the server that is going slow and not the client side.

ex:
http://domain.com/ws/mycfc.cfc?method=mymethod&var1=x&var2=3&returnformat=plain
Qais
2009-04-02 20:29:46 UTC
I found the solution, and this could benifit anyone who have some slowness with
CFAJAXPROXY, it looks like the default mode to make the call is (sync) and not
(async), so you either set it by using this setAsyncMode(), or for me I change
it inside the cfajax.js to have it always true

this.async=true;

and now it runs super fast.