CF8 Spool Folder
ifsteve
2009-04-03 17:58:46 UTC
I'm running cf8 on windows 2003.
8,0,1,195765
Java version 1.6.0_04

In the last month, on 2 different occasions, outgoing email in the spool
folder just started filling up, and stopped being delivered.

I checked on the smtp services and everything was fine. I checked the error
logs and everything was fine. The mail sent logs stopped building entries at
the point where the mail just got stuck.

Restarting the Coldfusion 8 service seems to release the messages, but taking
a highly used server down to do that doesnt seem to be the best option...

I researched the blogs and forums and no one really seems to have an answer...
Any ideas?
tinu8805
2009-04-03 19:14:24 UTC
we just had a similar problem on a CF7 based system. Everything worked, mail
server was up and running and accepting mails (no relaying rules triggered
etc.) mail queue was stuck, no way to get it going again.

we finally detected that message spool files had a probelm with the BOM (Byte
Order Mark) if MIME typed as UTF-8.

having such files for unknown reasons caused the mail spooler to crash
(inspect the error log). after removing such files, the mail queue continued
working as before.

HTH

Martin Baur

MindPower.com, IT-Services, Switzerland
JR "Bob" Dobbs
2009-04-03 20:45:47 UTC
There is a hotfix for CFMAIL issues on CF 8.0.1.
http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403683