How to do this?
Amm85
2009-03-27 15:30:48 UTC
For an application...

when user type accounting in browser

i want user to goto actual url of application

http:\\cfsvr\account\home.cfm

how to do this?
Is this called DNS mapping?
Is this done in nt host file
alias url
accounting http:\\cfsvr\account\home.cfm

please explain me.
Kapitaine
2009-03-27 15:47:47 UTC
If you have a physical folder called APPLICATION, then all you need is a file
called index.cfm within that folder.

So now you can type:

http://www.someurl.com/application/

Instead of:

http://www.someurl.com/application/index.cfm

However, you have a file called "home.cfm". Unless there is a specific need
for this, I would call it index.cfm because this is what the web server / CF
will resolve to if a file is not explicitly given in the URL for that folder.

Did this help?

Mikey.
Kapitaine
2009-03-27 15:49:08 UTC
...or I could have read your post totally incorrectly. Maybe you might need some web server reWrite rules for the URL's?

Apache has Mod_Rewrite and IIS has some other plugin.

Mikey.
tech603
2009-03-28 21:50:15 UTC
You could also have home.cfm added as a default document if you don't want to
rename this file. If you don't have access to do that yourself, call your
hosting provider and see if they can add it as a default document.

hope that helps

Matthew Vass
QA Analyst
***@hostmysite.com
http://www.hostmysite.com?utm_source=bb
Chris Blackwell
2009-03-29 16:53:59 UTC
Post by Amm85
For an application...
 when user type  accounting in browser
 i want user to goto actual url of application
 http:\\cfsvr\account\home.cfm
 how to do this?
 Is this called DNS mapping?
 Is this done in nt host file
 alias                      url
 accounting       http:\\cfsvr\account\home.cfm
 please explain me.
in your hosts file you will need

alias url
accounting cfsvr

then in Application.cfm you'll want to detect the server name used and
forward the browser to the correct page.

<cfif cgi.server_name IS "accounting">
<cflocation url="account/home.cfm" />
</cfif>
Amm85
2009-04-03 15:12:42 UTC
No....

this is done in DNS server by mapping?

map

accounting

http:\\cfsvr\account\home.cfm
Amm85
2009-04-03 15:15:02 UTC
this is what i want to know

when u type

google

it goes to

http://www.google.com/

how this is done?.
What this process is called ? DNS mapping?