abit complicated search engine
alex132
2009-04-03 10:13:43 UTC
Ignore the last few post.. I accidently press it that's why got 3 posts are the
same.
Having input text problems.
I've created the search form, results form and frame form. When i input the
text or number onto the textbox, it cannot show what is been expected instead
it shows all the results from the database

table. What i want is that when i type anything be it an number or an alphbet
that is related to the rows of fieldname(ie 350v221, 350v265cc etc..) inside
the textbox, it will show the results of that

particular files only. My database table have fieldname like, DOC_NO
(containing i.e 350v000, 350v2587, 350v226 etc... [IN ROWS] ), DESCRIBE,
REMARKS and STATUS. Also i got some tables

that have many information(no of rows) that consist of more than 20,000
information. My database table's name are saved as the starting number/alphbet
(ie. 335a, 335b, 335c, 360V, wei, ght,). So is

there any simple ways to query for these data? Also i created frames so as to
show the resulting page on the right frame and the searching page on the left
frame. How do i link it together so as the

results will show on right frame?

[b]Text[/b][b]Ignore the last few post.. I accidently press it that's why got
3 posts are the same.[/b]
GArlington
2009-04-03 11:18:06 UTC
Post by alex132
Ignore the last few post.. I accidently press it that's why got 3 posts are the
same.
 Having input text problems.
It sounds like you have data selection problems...
I can NOT understand what your DB structure is, but I suspect that you
might want to look into two select boxes to compare value from one to
the value from the other...
Post by alex132
[...]
See <form> target attribute for this...
3 posts are the same.[/b]
Dan Bracuk
2009-04-03 13:41:01 UTC
Your question is not clear. About this part, "When i input the text or number
onto the textbox, it cannot show what is been expected instead it shows all the
results from the database
".

When you submit that form, what sql is generated in your action page?