Printable version of the CFDocs?
skelooth
2009-04-01 20:16:56 UTC
I for the life of me refuse to pay $150 for an "advanced coldfusion" book when
the entire API is sitting right in front of me. The problem is that I prefer to
read from paper as opposed to the screen (I do enough of it as it is.) Does
anyone know of a more print friendly variation of the CFDoc html pages? Perhaps
some sort of PDF? Ultimately I'd like to bring it to a print shop and have it
printed and bound. I'd rather pay $150 to a local printer to print and bind the
API reference than support the ridiculous pricing of the current generation of
available coldfusion8 books.

Unless of course you all would like to recommend a coldfusion book that is
pertinent to my interests and does not cost so much. If it's a really excellent
book I'll look past the price, but I haven't seen them get the hottest reviews
on amazon.
byron1021
2009-04-01 23:30:49 UTC
You can get a PDF file here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/coldfusion/
Ken Ford - *ACE*
2009-04-01 23:42:55 UTC
Post by skelooth
I for the life of me refuse to pay $150 for an "advanced coldfusion" book when
the entire API is sitting right in front of me. The problem is that I prefer to
read from paper as opposed to the screen (I do enough of it as it is.) Does
anyone know of a more print friendly variation of the CFDoc html pages? Perhaps
some sort of PDF? Ultimately I'd like to bring it to a print shop and have it
printed and bound. I'd rather pay $150 to a local printer to print and bind the
API reference than support the ridiculous pricing of the current generation of
available coldfusion8 books.
Unless of course you all would like to recommend a coldfusion book that is
pertinent to my interests and does not cost so much. If it's a really excellent
book I'll look past the price, but I haven't seen them get the hottest reviews
on amazon.
Go to the Adobe Store and click on Books.

Look for the Adobe ColdFusion 8 User Guide $50

The full ColdFusion 8 documentation, a 6 volume, 3,000+ page reference set, is a must-have guide to installing, managing, and
building Internet applications with ColdFusion 8 for every developer.

http://store.adobe.com/
--
Ken Ford
Adobe Community Expert - Dreamweaver/ColdFusion